Pilot Experience Sim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
haga2000

Feature request: Autopilot  for the new Maule M7 Empty Feature request: Autopilot for the new Maule M7

Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 11:29
I know that the developer have done their outmost to make the new Maule as accurate to real life as possible, and most Maule's are delivered without a AP.
However beeing an real life pilot, beeing in a simulator unless you have a very advanced setup is very different from real flying. Particularely the lack of input you get from the planes movement in the air.
I have about 2 hours in the sim with the new (several thousand in total). The behavior in the air of the maule is quite different, I found myself almost constantly trimming (due to the lack of real input of movement).

The new Maule need an option for an autopilot to make the flyng simler (and probably also more realisitic). A cheat button for altitude hold like the Pa28 Arrow has, could probably be enough if the developers find that an full 3 axis AP is to far from reality.
An autopilot in the Maule would greatly increase the audience for this plane for simmers that fly using programs like onair, neofly of airhauler.

haga2000

Mauleflyer likes this post

Kem_Admin
Kem_Admin
Admin
https://pilot-experience-sim.forumactif.com

Feature request: Autopilot  for the new Maule M7 Empty Re: Feature request: Autopilot for the new Maule M7

Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 10:43
Hello ,
The autopilot will come as soon as Asobo fixed an issue with cutsom fuel system make from now impossible to add Aux tanks.
Regards
jrd210

Feature request: Autopilot  for the new Maule M7 Empty Re: Feature request: Autopilot for the new Maule M7

Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 6:43
The Maule is a plane meant to be hand flown, there are some characteristics of the sim version that need correcting. I am patiently waiting for my marketplace purchased version to be updated and can then comment . The real Maule (800+ hrs on them) was very stable and is meant to be flown but not by an autopilot, so it just needs fine tuning to match the real plane. At most a wing leveller might be ok but the pitch control in Maules is very stable. Be happy to do a more critical review when I get updated. It was my favourite owned aircraft and second only to hours in a Tiger Moth for pure fun.

Mauleflyer likes this post

Kem_Admin
Kem_Admin
Admin

Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 11:48
Hello,
Yes the update on market place takes time to come and fix CG issues affecting the Flight model inputs
It should be soon available
Regards
Mauleflyer

Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 21:06
I am a real life M7 pilot as well. Owned one for 25 years. It is a stable aircraft in the real world. Sim is to twitchy. How about modeling the rudder tab? It is not a trim tab, it is a rudder boost that is connected to the ailerons. Also, eye level seems a little low, it is not hard to see over the nose of a Maule while taxing unless you have 32" tundra tires.
Kem_Admin
Kem_Admin
Admin

Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 10:05
Hello,
We already have fixed some CG issues but still waiting microsoft ingestion.

The autopilot will be added and the rudder lock will be done

Regards
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum