Pilot Experience Sim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
slicker55

iniBuilds / iniManager : not retaining installation status (LFMT) Empty iniBuilds / iniManager : not retaining installation status (LFMT)

Wed 10 Jan - 1:11
PC Windows 10, MSFS2020 (Store Version)

LFMT from iniBuilds.com (Order #97179) 24/11/23

Open iniManager
Check ‘My Products’ page
All purchases (except LFMT) have a tick indicating they are installed.
Check ‘LFMT’ page
Says, ‘not installed’ and blue ‘Install’ button is present
Click blue Install’ button
Installation files downloaded to Windows desktop

As soon as download is complete, iniManager says ‘Installed’ although, at this stage, whilst the files have been downloaded, they have not yet been installed

Following advice from IniBuilds Support, created a new folder inside MSFS Community Folder and named the new folder:

Pilot Experience Sim LFMT Airport MSFS2020

Run Installer (LFMTMSFS2020_V2.0.0) as admin, pointing the installation path to the new folder

Installation complete, (physically verified scenery files present inside new folder)

Tested, LFMT loads correctly in the simulator

Now for the Issue…

Close and re-open iniManager
Check ‘My Products’ page
All purchases (except LFMT) have a tick indicating they are installed.
Check ‘LFMT’ page
Now says, ‘not installed’ and blue ‘Install’ button is present again. (i.e reverts back to what it said prior to installing the scenery)

IniBuilds Support | Ticket #26630, Ticket #27857
Unresolved

Can anyone help please?
Kem_Admin
Kem_Admin
Admin
https://pilot-experience-sim.forumactif.com

iniBuilds / iniManager : not retaining installation status (LFMT) Empty Re: iniBuilds / iniManager : not retaining installation status (LFMT)

Thu 11 Jan - 9:45
Hello,
I don't know how the Inibuild manager but our product work outiside of it.

Do not create another folder.

1.Uninstall the product / delete files in the community.
2.Download our setup and PESIM Central at Inibuids.
3.Install by just select your community path (DO NOT UNCHECK THE LANCh BOX AT THE END)
4.Intall PESIM CENTRAL for online updates

https://pilot-experience-sim.forumactif.com/t7-pilot-experience-sim-products-installation-and-working

If you need a more deep support ; open a ticket :
https://support.pilot-experience-sim.fr/

Kind regards

slicker55 likes this post

slicker55

iniBuilds / iniManager : not retaining installation status (LFMT) Empty Re: iniBuilds / iniManager : not retaining installation status (LFMT)

Thu 11 Jan - 10:13
Hello,

Thank you for your advice

I have considered using the PESIM Central App but I already have several Apps and was trying to keep these to a minimum especially when one of them (iniManager) reliably monitors other purchases from their store.

I note your comment regarding your knowledge of the iniBuilds Manager

In response to my ticket, iniBuilds support replied, “We have dug into the issue and it was relating to the developer changing the community export folder name structure, this caused an issue with the iniManager recognising the scenery. Please ensure the community folder name for this scenery is showing as "Pilot Experience Sim LFMT Airport MSFS2020" with no "Pilot Experience Sim" folder above this and it should work as intended.”

With all due respect, would it not be more productive for a member of your team to speak directly with iniBuilds rather than continue a three-way conversation?
Kem_Admin
Kem_Admin
Admin

Fri 12 Jan - 0:42
Hi ,
Yes I will see with Inibuilds why there is this issue but please can you confirm to me that you try to install LFMT V2 with the V.2 setup.

Before the V2 there was an issue requested PESIM LOCATOR or a tag to modify a tag but this issue is fixed with V2 setup .

Can you please send us an email or a support ticket with your licence so I will send to you our setup in waiting our contact with Inibuilds .
Regards
slicker55

Fri 12 Jan - 17:11
Hello Kem,

Email sent 16:11 12/01/24
Kem_Admin
Kem_Admin
Admin

Fri 12 Jan - 19:03
Didn't received any email:
pilot.experiencesim@gmail.com

I have seen with Inibuilds and everthing work from their side.

All you have to do is lanch our setup , select your community path and use PESIM Central for online updates.
Our sytem is separated from Inimanager , you can only dowload our setups

regards
slicker55

Fri 12 Jan - 23:37
Sorry, used the wrong email address... resent 22:29 12/01/24

Thanks for speaking to iniBuilds... but, a disappointing result

I guess I will just have to live with things the way they are but to be honest, I am not very impressed.

I can see no reason why LFMT should not work just the same as all other purchases made through iniManager and to be honest, I feel like someone is just taking the easy option by not addressing the actual problem.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum